Working within a team of four, the role is focused on the diagnosis, troubleshooting, installation, deployment, repair and maintenance of IT systems, technology and network infrastructure distributed throughout the Isle of Man.
Our clients include international banks, life assurance firms, IT vendors, retail stores and e-Gaming companies. The systems and infrastructure that we maintain is in customer offices, several of the Isle of Man’s datacentres and retail branches. In addition to acting on behalf of our clients, you will also undertake site visits on behalf of MTG in relation to its managed IT service provision.
- Break-fix for IT vendor systems ranging from desktops, laptops, SANs and server systems. We attend site liaising with both the vendor and the end-user, to troubleshoot, diagnose and fix the relevant system. In all cases, we have escalation access and support from the vendor.
- Break-fix for ATM and retail equipment, including ATM, EPOS, self-checkout and similar retail systems. Working on systems/platforms from NCR, Diebold/Cennox amongst many others.
- Installation, maintenance and upgrade programmes on behalf of IT equipment vendors and systems integrators. This could include ATM upgrades, desktop deployments or the implementation of new storage systems.
- Equipment moves and relocation of key vendor systems. This could be managed projects to relocate equipment between datacentres or during office or branch moves.
- Warranty service centre for several IT equipment vendors. We attend site, troubleshoot and fit replacement parts, collect equipment and undertake diagnostics.
- Parts and spares management. We regularly liaise with IT vendors and couriers in regard to spare shipments and logistics coordination were parts are required.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 4-years’ experience in a similar systems engineer / field engineering role.
- Excellent customer facing, organisational and communication skills.
- Customer focused, self-motivated and an excellent team player.
- Troubleshooting, fault finding and diagnostics skills.
- Experience of IT systems including ATM, Server, Desktop, Laptop and Storage Hardware.
- Understanding of hardware and software interfacing.
- Experience working with ATM and computer hardware.
- Broad technical skillset and an aptitude to learn new systems.
- Willingness and ability to learn new skills and become proficient in new hardware platforms.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Working hours between 08:00 and 18:00 (Flexi-time)
- 35-hour week
- You will be expected to participate on our on-call rota, which may require evening and weekend work in the event of an on-call incident.
Full training will be given. This will include a combination of in-house, CBT and classroom training.
- Salary is commensurate with skills and experience.
How to apply
Please e-mail your CV (in PDF format) to the following address:
If you have any questions relating to the role, please also get in touch!
Download the role description