We have a requirement for additional Helpdesk Operatives to work in our IT helpdesk team. Our helpdesk team is responsible for IT technical support for a wide range of managed service customers throughout the Isle of Man, UK and Europe. You will be the first point of contact for support queries; with full responsibility for logging and handling tickets, troubleshooting problems, fault resolution, escalation and follow up.
It is essential that our helpdesk team are motivated, natural problem solvers and willing to work in a fast-paced environment. A genuine interest in IT, striving for technical excellence and a focus on customer services is an integral part of our culture.
With training, development and the right attitude – we expect talented members of helpdesk team to develop further into the business, moving into our technical services and projects teams.
- Provide fault logging, diagnosis and resolution over the telephone and by e-mail.
- Respond to technical alarms and service outage reports.
- Prioritisation and management of workload to ensure contractual SLAs are met
- Act as the first point of contact for customers calling the helpdesk.
- Log all service tickets received via telephone, email and the service portal, throughout the full ticket lifecycle.
- Provide polite, professional and efficient customer service to our customers.
- Work in accordance with company values, policies, procedures and standards.
Skills & Experience
- Genuine interest in IT and a confident telephone manner.
- Excellent problem solving and customer service skills
- Experience with the following technologies is beneficial, although not a requirement:
- Windows Server 2003 – 2016 R2
- Microsoft Office 2003 – 2016
- Windows Desktop XP – Windows 10
- Mac/OSx Operating systems
- IP networks
- Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange
- Office 365
- Networking technologies including LAN/WAN
- Installing/configuring printers
- Part-Time and Full-Time hours available
- Manx Technology Group is a 24x7x365 operation and these roles will be shift-based, including some night-time and weekend work.
Full training will be given. This will include a combination of in-house and online material.
- Salary is commensurate with skills and experience.
How to apply
Please e-mail your CV (in PDF format) to the following address:
If you have any questions relating to the role, please also get in touch!