We require a Technical Support / Helpdesk Manager to lead our 24x7x365 helpdesk and MSP support team. The right candidate will be focused on technical excellence, the highest levels of customer service and be committed to helping the company position itself as the industry leading IT MSP. Working with customers from a variety of industries, we expect an SMB-friendly, Enterprise Ready mindset.
You will have a core role on our helpdesk; not only managing and mentoring your team members, but actively participating in support tickets, escalations and maintenance tasks. Given this is an active technical role; you will need to have the passion, skills and interest in IT services and technical support provision.
The right candidate will be focused on continual improvement; delivering the highest levels of service and constantly developing your knowledge – our industry does not stand still.
Data, automation and integration are at the very core of our business, particularly when these technologies are used to deliver tangible benefits to our business and our customers – you will work with others to further this vision.
You will need to manage, motivate and drive the 1st and 2nd line teams, ensuring the highest levels of service and support to our customers. We expect a unique blend of innate technical talent and skills, coupled with an effective management style – to ensure top performance in our teams.
With the use of tightly integrated ticketing, RMM, PSA and CRM systems – you will define, implement and report on meaningful service KPIs that are used to drive improvements within the business and in our MSP service portfolio.
This role would suit a talented or skilled technical support or helpdesk engineer/supervisor – looking for the next step – or a helpdesk manager, who wants a move into a more agile, exciting and rewarding role.
- Delivering the very best technical support and helpdesk services to our clients.
- Management of our 1st and 2nd line technical teams in an MSP environment.
- Acting as the helpdesk technical lead, providing mentoring and support.
- Active participation in troubleshooting, fault diagnosis, customer support, issue resolution, documentation, maintenance and support. This is an active, hands-on role.
- Planning and committing technical resource, coordinating with our project and field-services teams.
- Responsible for KPIs pertaining to helpdesk performance and ticket resolution metrics.
- Producing regular and ad-hoc reports to the business.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 5-years’ experience working within or managing a client-facing technical support/helpdesk team.
- Hands on experience with helpdesk/service-desk, PSA, RMM and CRM software.
- Proven skills and experience with Desktop and Server hardware, NAS/SAN, Windows Desktop, Windows Server, RDS, O365, VMWare and Veeam an advantage.
- Skills and knowledge of business networking (Switching, routing, firewalls, WLAN).
- Confident in both the management of a team, and acting as a team member; to inspire, lead and motivate team members.
- Self-motivated and capable of applying judgement with triage, resolution and escalation to other teams or partners, as required.
- Technical qualifications such as MCSA/MCSE/CCNA an advantage but not a strict requirement; genuine skills, knowledge and experience highly valued.
- Experience of working in a progressive MSP environment an advantage.
- Working hours between 08:00 and 18:00 (Flexi-time)
- 35-hour week.
- For escalations and/or project work, you may occasionally be expected to work out of hours, and participate on our on-call rota.
- Salary and benefits are commensurate with skills and experience.
How to apply
Please e-mail your CV (in PDF format) to the following address:
If you have any questions relating to the role, please also get in touch!