How the test vehicle works
The interactive image below explains the various devices and components used within the Manx Technology Group ‘IoT Test Vehicle’. The van is kitted out with the latest technology from Libelium, including their Meshlium, Waspmote and Plug&Sense product lines. MTG is a supplier of Libelium in the UK and Irish markets – including the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands. We collect millions of data points from the van – which we transmit over 4G to our cloud platforms located in AWS and the MTG infrastructure in the Isle of Man.
The purpose of the test vehicle is to showcase IoT technology, generate greater awareness and demonstrate its benefits. The test also allows our software team to work with, and analyse significant volumes of data to identify ways in which we can help business, influence decision making and create value. The fact that we have skilled software, IT support and technical teams has meant we have developed the entire solution, including its technology stack in-house. You can read more about our partnership with Libelium in this press release.
What components are used?
- Meshlium Scanner – with 4G, WIFI and GPS.
- Meshlium Gateway – with 4G, Zigbee and GPS.
- Particulate Matter sensor.
- WaspNote Plug&Sense Smart Environment with CO/CO2/NO2/SO2/PM/Temperature/Humidity Sensors.
- Rhino Roof Rack.
- Custom fabricated/powder coated mount.
- Custom internal 12V power distribution and control.
- Wireless AP with 4G uplink for visualisation and transmission.
What do you measure?
- AQI (Air Quality Index)
- Carbon Monoxide (CO)
- Carbon Dioxide (CO2)
- Ozone (O3)
- Particle Matter (PM1, PM2.5, PM10)
- Sulphur Dioxide (SO2)
- Temperature, Humidity, Pressure
- WIFI / Bluetooth device counts