With our Managed Firewall Service, we are responsible for the configuration, monitoring and support of your firewall. Our technical teams look after the initial setup, the firewall security policy, VPNs, remote access, web filtering and application control. We work with Fortinet, the industry-leading UTM firewall solutions vendor. Our managed firewalls are available as a standalone service or as part of our Managed IT Security or IT Support Services.
Small Business Firewall
A significant amount of cyber attacks target small businesses, which is why many companies should opt for a next-generation firewall instead of a small business router. With firewall features such as antivirus and intrusion prevention systems, a small business firewall from Manx Technology Group offers that extra level of protection.
Fortinet Models : FortiGate 30E, FortiGate 50E or FortiGate 60E
Enterprise firewall solutions can be used for perimeter security or deployed within the organisation as an internal firewall. With multi-gigabit wire-speed performance, active directory support and the ability to identify and block threats – Fortinet firewalls are the perfect choice for the enterprise.
Fortinet Models : FortiGate 81E, FortiGate 100E, FortiGate 200E
If your business has multiple sites or branch offices, we can manage your firewalls across all your offices. With our centralised management platform and SIEM, we can provide full-mesh VPN solutions, policy management, reporting and incident response for your whole network.
When it comes to Network Security, the firewall is an essential device in your network. As well as securing access to and from the Internet, Firewalls can also be used to secure your internal systems. When you deploy a firewall within your network, it is known as an internal network firewall.
An internal network firewall can ensure links between offices, departments or business units remain secure. Fortinet is a market leader in both next generation perimeter firewalls and internal network segmentation firewalls.
Who needs a managed firewall service?
- Control access to websites and website categories (e.g. business, news, sports, social media)
- Implement time-of-day policies (e.g. Lunchtimes, after 17:00)
- Integrate into Active Directory, applying policies to specific users or user groups.
- Enforce Google SafeSearch
- Block or control access to Cloud services (e.g. Dropbox, Box)
- Detailed web access reports (by user, group, website)
- Full SSL Inspection support
- Transparent solution (or explicit proxy support)
- Firewall cluster (Active:Active, Active:Passive)
- Sub-Second failover and session state persistence
- Link-loss detection ensures if an upstream/downstream router or switch fails, the cluster can trigger a failover
- Two or more devices can be combined into a cluster
- Clustering is available across all device models
- In-Service software upgrades
- Dynamic routing (OSPF/BGP/RIP)
- Load-Balancing and ECMP
- 802.1Q VLAN and Layer2 switching support
- Rich traffic/shaping QOS support
- Dynamic routing over VPN (e.g. OSPF)
- Detect and block network borne attacks
- Protect mail, web and remote-access servers from attacks (IIS, Exchange, Citrix)
- Protect staff and internal systems from application level attacks (e.g. Office, Adobe Acrobat)
- Common web platform protection (e.g. .NET, PHP, WordPress, CRM)
- Customisable rule-set and signatures
- SSL and IPSec VPN support
- Web-Portal and full VPN client application
- Site-to-Site IPSec VPN (with Dynamic Routing)
- RADIUS/Active-Directory integration
- Granular network access policies
- Two-Factor authentication support (e.g. Secure Token)
- High performance VPN concentrator solution
- Control and monitor cloud application usage (e.g. Dropbox, Box, Google Apps)
- Full network visibility of HTTP and HTTPS traffic
- Control access to specific applications (e.g. Web Games, Video Streaming)
- Block access to malicious content or websites
- Detailed reporting and network visibility
- Deep-inspection of traffic for granular reporting